As an NMBA member, you may be aware that two years ago NMBA submitted comments to the US Fish & Wildlife Service regarding its mitigation policy. We are pleased to announce that FWS has followed NMBA’s recommendations and has released proposed revisions to its mitigation policy.
NMBA is drafting suggestions to make the policy better and seeks comment from NMBA members.
All NMBA members are encouraged to provide the following:
- General comments on the policy (what should the tone be, how do you feel about it, etc.)
- Specific language you would like to have changed (please provide the new language you are proposing)
Timeline for comments
4.13 Deadline for comments from the membership
4.18 Draft letter complete and sent to the membership
4.22 Deadline for final comments from the membership
4.26 Final draft letter sent to NMBA Board of Directors
4.28 NMBA Board of Directors Meeting
5.9 Comment period closes
To assist you in developing comments, please find the following documents on the NMBA website:
– 2014 NMBA Recommendations for U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Mitigation Policy
– U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service FAQ on mitigation banking
– 3/7/16 White House press release covering several conservation initiatives
There are two ways to submit comments:
Please be sure to have your comments to us by close of business Wednesday, April 13.
Thank you in advance for continuing to shape this very important mitigation policy.
James Parker and Will McDow
Emerging Markets Committee Co-Chairs
National Mitigation Banking Association